Terms & Conditions
Tyneside Lettings and Tyneside Student Lettings are trading names of Tyneside Lettings Company Ltd (TLC), a privately owned company. Our registered address is Picton Manor, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8XG. Registered in England and Wales No. 07796995.
Please read the Terms carefully before using the Site. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms as listed below. We may change these terms at our discretion by changing them on the Site. The then current version of these terms will apply whenever you use the Site. We may from time to time change the content of the Site or suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site which may include your access to it.
- Your use of any information or materials on the Site is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Site meet your specific requirements.
- Neither TLC nor any third parties provide any warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Site. By using the Site you acknowledge that information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and that TLC expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In no event will TLC be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site.
- This Site contains material which is owned by or licensed to TLC. This includes, but is not limited to the layout, look, the design, logo, appearance and graphics of the Site. Reproduction is prohibited, other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this Site, which are not the property of, or licensed to TLC, are acknowledged on the Site.
- You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes. Unauthorized or unlawful use of this Site may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. You must not create, direct or place a link to the Site from another source without TLC's prior written consent.
- This Site may also include links to other websites. These links are provided as an extra service and for your convenience to provide further information. They are not endorsed by TLC and TLC takes no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Any dispute arising out of your use of the Site is subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- If you wish to contact TLC regarding the Site, these Terms and Conditions or Privacy Options please contact us at email@example.com.
TLC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TLC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 March 2016.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please see our Cookies Policy.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Officer, Picton Manor, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8XG.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address.
TLC aims to provide the highest standards of service to all Residential Lettings and Property Management customers and to handle any issues or concerns as quickly and efficiently as possible. TLC prides itself on giving excellent customer service, however if there is any cause to complain please refer to the complaints procedure below. TLC is a member of The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS).
All complaints, verbal or written, should be directed to 'The Lettings Manager':
Newcastle upon Tyne
Complaints made in writing by email or letter will be acknowledged within 3 working days. TLC will endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible and will give its response within 15 working days. Please provide clear details of your complaint in order TLC may investigate your concerns in full.
If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of the handling of your complaint, please write to 'The Managing Director' at the following address:
Newcastle upon Tyne
The Managing Director will undertake a review of your complaint to date which may require further investigations into the background of your concerns. He undertakes to give you his findings and a final response within 15 days of the receipt of your letter.
If upon receiving a final response from the Managing Director, you are not satisfied, you may approach The Property Ombudsman Service, further information is available at:
Please note that you must contact The Property Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of the final response letter. The Property Ombudsman will not consider your complaint until the TLC internal complaints procedure has been completed.